SM Healthcare Placements is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Medical Officer in Durban, Kwazulu Natal for an exciting role within an International NGO in the health care field.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing service delivery and technical support at public health care facilities supported by organisation as well as to provide training and on-site mentoring to Department of Health staff.
Interested applicants should send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The following are the qualifications, experience, knowledge and attributes requirements:
Education, Training and Experience
• MPS registration
• HPCSA registration
• 5 years’ work related experience
• Experience/knowledge in Primary Health care/ community health HIV and AIDS
• Strong counselling skills
• Good organisational and administrative skills
• Ability to handle a varied, busy and pressurized work load with competing demands on time
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Proven communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Drivers licence and willingness to travel
Key performance areas
• Provide care and treatment to clients in the HIV and TB programmes at primary healthcare facilities
• Provide clinical and adherence support to clients with treatment failure in the HIV and TB programmes
• Provide training and on-site mentoring to DOH staff
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants, who have not been contacted within 2 – 3 weeks of the closing date, should assume that their application has not been successful.
SM Healthcare Placements is an equal opportunity employer.