Peadiatrics Senior Technical Advisor / Peadiatricas Medical Advisor
SM Healthcare Placements is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Peadiatrics Senior Technical Advisor / Peadiatricas Medical Advisor in Durban, Kwazulu Natal for an exciting role within an International NGO in the health care field.
This is a senior position to provide technical guidance, support and coordination of Paediatrics activities in the programs as well as to support teams, manage and provide clinical support for complex cases.
Interested applicants should send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The following are the qualifications, experience, knowledge and attributes requirements:
Education, Training and Experience
• Postgraduate degree in Public Health.
• Valid driver’s licence and own transport.
• Minimum of 8 years public sector experience, including in a senior management role.
• Post graduate qualification in health management and/or public health oriented field, statistics, and health informatics or related social science from an accredited institution.
• Must be willing to travel internationally at short notice and must have a valid passport.
• Clinical expertise and experience managing complex operational research projects.
• Knowledge of DOH healthcare systems and structures including familiarity with policies, programme priorities and regulations.
• Experience working in a donor funded environment.
• Fluency in one or more national South African languages.
• Exceptional strategic thinking and an ability to analyse and synthesise data from a range of sources.
• Exceptional Interpersonal skills with a strong ability to develop beneficial relationships and networks in order to achieve results.
Key performance areas
• Support Programme Managers with coordination of successful design, implementation and strengthening of programme paediatric care.
• Identify and evaluate challenges, risks; best practices and opportunities related to paediatric care.
• Support new funding opportunities, including concept development, technical writing, and technical review of new proposals.
• Consult on and support the monitoring and evaluation and operations research activities to document the outcomes and impact of the paediatric care programmes, as well as in the identification of priority research and evaluation questions.
• Maintain on-going collaborations, participation in technical forums, and regular communications with stakeholders as relevant.
• Represent the organisation in other intergovernmental; academia and non-governmental organisations’ meetings at provincial, district and local levels.
• Coordinate the successful implementation of programme activities to ensure that the programmes meet set targets in accordance with national standards.
• Oversee, Develop, review and ensure implementation of paediatric care programme policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure adherence and compliance with funder rules and requirements in the area of paediatric care
• Build capacity for quality improvement in paediatric care through training, on-site coaching and support supervision.
• Identify gaps, training and development needs in the area of paediatric care for district Department of Health and develop action plan to address the needs.
• Provide technical support; mentorship and advice to Department of Health staff members in EThekwini district to support paediatric care.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants, who have not been contacted within 2 – 3 weeks of the closing date, should assume that their application has not been successful.
SM Healthcare Placements is an equal opportunity employer.