Engineer Mine Operations
• National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Mining Engineering, Mine Planning or Geology (Essential)
• B.Degree / B.Tech Degree (NQF Level 7) in Mining Engineering / Mine Planning or Geology
• Government Certificate of Competency as a Mine Manager
• Post graduate qualification in MBA, MBL, MDP or ARM management / Leadership equivalent
• A minimum of five (5) years operational experience in Mine production / Mine planning or Geology in an open cast / surface mining environment
• A minimum of three (3) years supervisory / first level management experience
(TOTAL of at least 8 years’ experience)
Accreditation and Registration:
• GCC – Mine Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
• Technical knowledge
• Management skills
• Quality orientation competencies
• Specialist knowledge
• Problem solving & analysis
• Creativity & innovation skills
• Commercial awareness
• Persuasiveness skills
• Planning and organising skills
• Statutory knowledge
• SHERQ knowledge
• Policies and procedures knowledge
• Computer literacy (Oracle, QlikView, MS Office Suite, Functional/Departmental specific system software/tools, i.e. Psychometrical, job evaluation, transformation etc or equivalent.)
To coordinate mining operations (Drill & Blast / Load and Haul) to ensure optimum and cost effective recovery of Iron Ore in accordance with sound practice to ensure the attainment of departments production objectives.
• Drilling and Blasting operations
• Loading and Hauling operations
• Mine Planning
• Continuous improvement and optimisation
• Asset performance
• Budget and cost control
• Contractor management
• People management
• SHERQ adherence and compliance in own area of work;
• Work Ethics.
To apply for this position please could you visit and register your CV at www.smplacements.co.za and apply directly on line.
You can also Fax your CV through to 086 663 6866 or e-mail email@example.com
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants, who have not been contacted within
2 – 3 weeks of the closing date, should assume that their application has not been successful.
SM Placements is an equal opportunity employer.